The 2023 BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops
The Association of Collegiate Anglers contested its final nationally televised, no-entry-fee, double points event before the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC on May 25-26.
The Pickwick Slam presented by Evolution Fishing boasted a field of more than 200 boats competing for over $20,000 in prizes & contingencies, with each of the Top 10 teams earning automatic qualification to compete in the ACA’s year-end National Championship next month. Here is a look at the Top 10 teams that secured a spot to compete at Lake Hartwell:
– Charlie Wright & Logan Plueger – University of Montevallo
– Tyler Finley & Lane Lassiter – University of North Alabama
– Miller Dowling & Parker O’Bryan – University of Montevallo
– Lucas Washburn & Braylon Eggerding – Adrian College
– Jackson Kelly & Brayden Pritchard – Central Alabama C.C.
– Carson Maddux & Jake Peck – Auburn University
– Camden Keeton – Central Alabama C.C.
– Rudy Worley & Fisher Overton – Blue Mountain Christian University
– Austin Woody & Bryce Fowler – East Carolina University
– Emily Freeman & Chandler Acquaviva – Murray State University
Each of these Top 10 teams qualifies for the 2023 BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops as the exact two angler pairings that competed at Pickwick Lake. These qualifications are in addition to the number of boats a school has qualified based upon the qualification criteria on the ACA website. View the 2023 ACA Championship qualification criteria here.
These automatic bids to compete at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC will be crucial to a team’s success and final ranking as it pertains to the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia. Seven of the 10 teams that earned qualification represent schools ranked in the Top 11 of the National Rankings. With the addition of triple points at the BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops, teams will have a chance to make a major move to end the season.
College Team Rankings
Number one ranked University of Montevallo enters the final few weeks of the season chasing college bass fishing history, as they look to become the first school ever to win the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia three times, and in three straight seasons. The back-to-back defending title winners bolstered their lead over second place Auburn by winning both major double points events, as they amassed 5,940 points combined from the two tournaments.
In this points update, Montevallo extended its lead over second ranked Auburn by nearly 500 points to a total margin of 3,645 points.
Here is a look at several other teams that made significant moves in the latest standings update for the Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia:
9) Blue Mountain Christian University – Previously Ranked 11th
12) Tarleton State University – Previously Ranked 15th
14) Bethel University – Previously Ranked 18th
21) Lander University – Previously Ranked 24th
Georgia College was the lone team to move inside of the Top 25 during this update, proving just how hard it is to be ranked in the Top 25 in the nation. The team from Milledgeville, GA moved up two spots from 27th to 25th.
Less than one month remains in the race for Bass Pro Shops School of the Year presented by Abu Garcia. At the conclusion of the triple points BoatUS Collegiate Bass Fishing Championship presented by Bass Pro Shops at Lake Hartwell in Anderson, SC, the ACA will crown the number one team and announce the Top 25 ranked teams for this season.